Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

It is always a difficult situation to be born on Feburary 5th. Not that the day isn't great or it has a stigma attached to it or anything, but it's always an awkward time. In high school, it was about a week after we switched classes for the semester. In college, exam time. And in Americorps, it means that I've been in Denver, with brand new people, for approximately five days. Five days in which to form bonds and remind people with enough pushyness in order to even get my birthday remembered.

And waking up the morning of the 5th, I discovered just how great people here are. Outside my door was a pile of treats, stacking their way up to a poster signed by everyone (and I mean EVERYONE, including an odd "Get well soon" greeting). Despite the long boring/informative sessions we sat through, I had a fab day filled with greetings. That evening culminated in a pool/local watering hole outting after braving the trecherous street that is S. Federal Blvd. Hey Denver, one word. Sidewalks!

Much thanks to Mom and Dad for the amazing fruit floral arrangement and Jared for the odd but tasty popcorn. Loved the cards everyone!! Thanks for celebrating with me from afar!

No comments: